What is Bookmap xRay?
Bookmap xRay delivers the only configurable heatmap display that visualizes both real-time order flow and live trade analysis information combined with historical depth-of-market (DOM) data. This unique perspective enables traders to get faster and deeper insight into live market dynamics and short-term price action.
Bookmap is a platform that delivers unparalleled transparency into today’s algo driven markets. You will see the entire evolution of the limit order book, not just price, time and volume:
- Volume and order flow
- Insights into lack of order flow
- Order flow flip from bid to offer
- Changes in liquidity
- Price structure and order flow
- Breakout and V bottom
- Breakout and reversal
- Stop Run
- Limit order book slope imbalance
- Large lot tracker advantage
- Market exhaustion in a trend
- Aggressive limit orders
Unique Featuers of BookMap Pro
- Visualizing the current and historical order book
- Volume Dots - Configurable visualizations of trade size
- Large lot tracker displays larger single orders in the book
- HeatMap with historical lookback feature
- Trade on the charts and bracket orders
- Record session and review to develop a better intuition for market behavior
How does it work?
Bookmap enables you to watch not only the current snapshot of the DOM but also the historical changes. The heat map records and visualizes every change in the order book by displaying it on a scale of gray shades. The brighter shades mark price levels with larger number of resting paper while darker shades mark areas of lower liquidity.
How is different from any other charting platform out there?
You will not find the classical bars and candles or other forms of aggregated data. You will not see the chart shifts based on time intervals or traded volume to add a new bar. Instead, you will see an HD movie that visualizes gigabytes of non-aggregated market data (both trades and market depth).
Bookmap is fine tuned for human visual perception, and allows you to digest huge amounts of information, which unveils the real auction that takes place in the market. The only limitation of data precision is the resolution of your monitor.
What information does Bookmap present that was previously "lost"?
The mostly common tool to place a trade is on the DOM. When you look on a regular DOM, you can see the size at each price level, however, it is very hard to see the changes and you can’t tell when those limit orders were placed in the market. With Bookmap you can see it all. This enables you to:
- Identify the real liquidity levels (Real support or Real resistance)
- Confirm your Macro buy / sell decision with the Micro behavior in the order book
- Recognize when big players step in
What is the easiest way to add BM to your existing trading style or strategy?
The historical depth of market information is useful to traders because it shows not only where price is now, but where it is likely to be in the near future.
Traders use Bookmap because
- It provides information. All of it, concerning the market data.
- It tells a story behind that information.
- It can help you achieve the goal of better informed trading decisions both in real time trading and by debriefing recorded trading sessions.
- It is visually appealing and makes it easy to follow as a method.
- It educates about market data dynamic and microstructure, and about dominant market participants. Remember, a monthly chart is also an aggregation of the activity on the microsecond level.