This article on Footprint Charts is the opinion of Optimus Futures.
- Footprint or ‘Cluster’ Charts analyze transactional volume inside a given timeframe.
- This analysis looks at the interaction between buyers and sellers to uncover opportunities.
- Footprint charts come in several flavors including bid/ask, volume profile, and delta.
- Strategies for trading with footprint charts include stacked imbalances, unfinished auctions, and high volume nodes.
- Traders can open a free account for 30-days and immediately access Optimus Flow’s numerous footprint charts and analysis tools along with unlimited simulated trades.
What is it that moves price up and down?
That simple question underpins footprint charts.
Most traders and investors are familiar with candlestick and line charts. These visual